This sample creates a Web Part that functions in a sandboxed solution on SharePoint Online and uses code to create content types and list definitions.
This code sample is part of the SharePoint 2010 101 code samples project. This sample, along with others, is provided so that you can incorporate it directly in your code.
Each code sample consists of a standalone project created in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and demonstrates a distinct feature or feature set. Each sample includes comments describing the sample and the expected results. Each sample also contains comments that explain how to set up your environment so that the sample code runs, where necessary.
To open a solution:
1. Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
2. On the File menu, click Open, and then click Project/Solution.
3. Navigate to the folder containing the .sln file, select it, and then click Open.
To run a solution:
1. In the solution files, read and follow the comments that describe how to set up your environment if necessary.
2. On the Build menu, click Build Solution.
3. When you have a successful build, right-click the project in the Solution Explorer window, and then click Deploy <Solution Name>.